Adding a Vortech question

  • Thread starter Thread starter murphy01
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

murphy01

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2014
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Location
Cleveland, Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 180 gallon tank with two MP40's. One on each end of the tank. Was thinking of adding a MP10 in the center of the back glass blowing forward toward the front for more flow. Ya think that will help with more flow or is it too small in a tank that large and probably not have any significant improvement at all?
 
A standard 180 is 24 inches....I think an MP10 would be just fine.
 
Pay attention to your glass thickness. I could not get an MP10 to stay on my back glass. The wet side would spin slowly and then the dry side would fall off making a huge racket and scary the hell out of me at night.
 
If this is to add more flow for SPS I would recommend adding an mp40. I don't think you will really even feel the mp10 moving any water with the 40's on each side. Having said that, be prepared to have a bare bottom tank front and center if not bare bottom already. :)
 
I'm debating the same thing with my 6ft 165 gallon. I'm considering going with an MP60.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new