OP
OP
H

hbubley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my foxy.. got him the size of a half dollar..started him in a 55 gal and in less than a year already 6inches but ive upgraded to 180 since..I have a 1 spot Eats everything and anything and full of personality. Congrats on the awesome purchase!! Nobody messes with his spines. I mean nobody! Lol. Well I did purchase this one powder brown tang who was almost the same size (i dont know what his problem was) lol and decided he wanted to analyze the spines and try to pick at different parts but the fox was so quick the tang knew better than to make any sudden moves. First pic is bby fox. 2nd is the big boy now.
BEAUTIFUL FISH!! And tank!! I love the diversity of fish you have, looks like a real ocean.
Mine looks about the size of yours when you first got him :) I'll get a pic when the lights in the tank come on.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've raised a couple of one spot foxes over the years. Both were housed in a 120 fowlr with a regal tang as primary competitor with damsels as other tank mates.

They were both dominant at feeding time eating nori, pellets, flake, whatever. I never had any algae growth in the tank. They both lived about 6 years or so and topped out around 7-8 inches.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 48.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.3%
Back