Adding another tank to my apex

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not a techie type person so I need a little help here. I want to add my 29g reef to the apex that controls my 180g. I am thinking about buying another energy bar 8. I would need a long cord to hook this up to the apex brain which is about 24-27' away. Does Neptune make a cord long enough for me to do this? I have a PM1 module that I am not using at the moment and I believe this should do everything I want for the 29g, but I wanted to check.

So my idea is to buy the energy 8, use a long cable to hook it to my apex brain, hook the PM1 module to the energy 8, hook a ph probe and temp sensor to the PM1, and bingo my 29 is controlled by apex fusion.

Thanks for any help.

OP
OP
Ento-Reefer

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this USB extension cable would go from the new energy bar eight to the apex brain? On the BRS site I see this
Neptune Systems
AQUABUS EXTENSION CABLE

Is this what I need to buy?
Thanks

Last edited:

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this USB extension cable would go from the new energy bar eight to the apex brain? On the BRS site I see this
Neptune Systems
AQUABUS EXTENSION CABLE

Is this what I need to buy?
Thanks

You need an "AquaBus" cable, which is the same as a standard USB 2.0 Male to Male cable. Neptune makes these in 1', 3', 6', 15', and 30'.

Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 8.32.42 PM.png

They also make AquaBus Extension cables, which are Male on one end and Female on the other end, in 15' or 30' versions. You can connect a standard AquaBus cable to an AquaBus Extension cable to make it longer.

Or if you prefer a single cable rather than using extensions, you can order extra-long AquaBus (male to male) cables up to 125' here: https://www.usbfirewire.com/parts/rr-apex-xx.html

In addition to adding an Energy Bar, if you also want to monitor temperature and salinity on the other tank, you can buy a PM2 module and the needed probes. See https://www.neptunesystems.com/products/expansion-modules/salinity/

OP
OP
Ento-Reefer

Ento-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you both for the help. I will use my PM1 module to monitor temp and Ph. I dont think I will miss the salinity monitoring.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back