Adding Clownfish to New Tank

Alex's Nano Reef

Don't tell my Landlord
View Badges
Joined
Dec 24, 2016
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
2,168
Location
North Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up a new 20g tank and im in the middle of the cycle. i was planning on adding a nice designer Clownfish to the tank as the first fish. I haven't figured out which type specifically but i wanted to ask if you think it would be too much adding a pair of clowns instead of just one in the beginning? I know i wouldn't crash the tank or anything I'm just a little worried about an excess of nutrients in the tank.
 
I just set up a new 20g tank and im in the middle of the cycle. i was planning on adding a nice designer Clownfish to the tank as the first fish. I haven't figured out which type specifically but i wanted to ask if you think it would be too much adding a pair of clowns instead of just one in the beginning? I know i wouldn't crash the tank or anything I'm just a little worried about an excess of nutrients in the tank.
It will be fine as long as cycled. Nutrients are easy to manage in small tanks with water changes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new