Adding copepods

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I want to add tigger pods to my tank like most people except I’m re adding them as I add more every 3 months. I have around 10 pounds of live rock in my tank and a fuge with live rock and chaeto in the back. I have a mandarin so should I add the bottle In the tank, fuge, or half and half?

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size is your tank? Seems like to only have 10lbs of rock that is pretty small for enough Copepod production to feed a Mandarin. That guy will go through a bag of tigers in probably a few days.

Last edited:

MarshallB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At night, turn off the flow for a few minutes. You can do half in the tank, half in the fuge. Turning off the flow gives them a chance to find something to grab onto.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those lil bottles of pods are a partial rip of: you can double the amount with a shoebox full of phytoplankton and a few days,…..not so much of a rip off if you don’t have any…..
OTOH
for $30 a bottle I’d use those as a starter culture, then seed that tank with a more proper amount.

Otherwise you are quite literally feeding your mandarin food costing a about $2000 a pound (conservatively)

OP
OP
GHOSTLY

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those lil bottles of pods are a partial rip of: you can double the amount with a shoebox full of phytoplankton and a few days,…..not so much of a rip off if you don’t have any…..
OTOH
for $30 a bottle I’d use those as a starter culture, then seed that tank with a more proper amount.

Otherwise you are quite literally feeding your mandarin food costing a about $2000 a pound (conservatively)
Haha but little do you know im getting an entire thing of it not just a bottle. I plan to breed them but Im getting a LOT of them

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 50 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • None.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.6%
Back