Adding Corals for the first time

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully the flesh can move it off. What kind of coral is it and how long has the epoxy been stuck on there? Mine was able to move it off within a few hours
it's looking even better today, so I think giving it time it will get rid of the epoxy on its own... what a relief. Now, if it will just encrust that rock at the speed of light...

Last edited:

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally had time to do another top-down picture, but here it is, I added a Jack-o-lantern Leptoseris next to it, hopefully when they encrust together it will look sweet:

20211219_121835_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally had time to do another top-down picture, but here it is, I added a Jack-o-lantern Leptoseris next to it, hopefully when they encrust together it will look sweet:

20211219_121835_HDR.jpg
Looking great. Did that Lepto manage to get all the glue off or is there still a portion with some on?

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest popping those frags off of the frag plugs and reglueing them to new ones, just an added precaution against pests. Specifically from Aquasd i had 2 corals i couldnt get off the frag(encrusted) so i did a regular dip. 3 months later aiptasia, bubble algae, and bryopsis were growing from the base of the frags.

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest popping those frags off of the frag plugs and reglueing them to new ones, just an added precaution against pests. Specifically from Aquasd i had 2 corals i couldnt get off the frag(encrusted) so i did a regular dip. 3 months later aiptasia, bubble algae, and bryopsis were growing from the base of the frags.
they aren't on plugs (at least mine aren't), they're on a layer of epoxy (less runny than glue)

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lepto (left) never had glue on it, the psammocora on the right did, and it is definitely all gone :-D
Oh yeah that’s right sorry. Corals are tough cookies.
I ended up taking the frag plugs off almost all of them and don’t have many pest issues as of now. Some of them were near impossible and some are but when I moved my tank (next vid), I removed some I couldn’t get off originally.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Join the discussion below for a follow up video on this last video. At the end of this video, I showed you that I moved my tank. Well, it happened, and many things have changed. Some corals look completely different, but that’s not even the biggest thing that changed, so go watch this next video!

Join the new discussion about this video:

Channel:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.1%

Back