Adding custom code to Apex

Bruce60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see so many great recommendations for custom code to be used for the Apex, yet I cannot locate where you can add that code to an existing profile.
For example, I set up a heater using the output configuration where I set the ON and OFF temperatures based on the Apex probe with a fallback to OFF. Yet, if I wanted to add a line of code to turn off the heater if the temp reads too low (a marker for a failed probe), I see no place to do that. No custom tab that is present in other sections of the software.
Also, the manual that Neptune provides on its web site provides no guidance for a modern Apex and has instructions and images from the previous millennium.
Hey Neptune...are you listening? Or do you just not give a darn?
Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 8.37.02 PM.png

Last edited:

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see so many great recommendations for custom code to be used for the Apex, yet I cannot locate where you can add that code to an existing profile.
For example, I set up a heater using the output configuration where I set the ON and OFF temperatures based on the Apex probe with a fallback to OFF. Yet, if I wanted to add a line of code to turn off the heater if the temp reads too low (a marker for a failed probe), I see no place to do that. No custom tab that is present in other sections of the software.
Also, the manual that Neptune provides on its web site provides no guidance for a modern Apex and has instructions and images from the previous millennium.
Hey Neptune...are you listening? Or do you just not give a darn?

Just change the output's Control Type from "Heater" to "Advanced". This toggles the view between the form-fields and the pure programming code view:

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 5.52.11 PM.png

If you haven't see it yet, take a look at my 8-part Apex Programming Tutorials here at Reef2Reef: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/neptune-apex-programming-tutorials.700483/

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 50 25.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 46 23.2%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back