Adding Emerald crab to Angler tank (personal experience please)

  • Thread starter Thread starter fiji4118
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fiji4118

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2011
Messages
216
Reaction score
40
Location
Highlands Ranch, CO
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calling all angler owners,

I have a small AIO that I have a 2" wartskin as sole resident aside from a few snails. Wondering about adding an emerald crab. Not sure if the crab would be a problem eating the fish or the angler possibly eating the crab. Thoughts.

Thanks!
 
I've had the two together without realizing the emerald was in the tank. They ignored each other.
 
If you're gonna have an emerald, make sure to supplement their diet with dried seaweed. And I really like direct feeding them, cause then you see them eating and they get super excited when you direct feed them. If you do that, then you shouldn't have a sigle problem from the crab
I have two different emeralds myself.
 
We lost are angler to the emerald crab. He started picking the angler up and shaking her. She stressed and stopped eating. Very sad day!
 
There was likely something wrong with the fish before the crab got ahold of it. A healthy anglerfish would be able to escape no problem with at most a torn fin.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new