Adding fish to just cycled new tank?

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 25 gallons lagoon AIO tank is just cycled. My stocking list is two clownfish and a pygmy cherub angelfish and that’s it.

Can I add them all together at once? They clownfish is less than 1” and the Pygmy cherub angelfish is between 1”-2”.

I will be running UV, carbon, and skimmer.

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe. If cycled with live rock. I would add the clowns. If everything is good in 2 weeks, add the angel. That's what I did in my 20AIO. No need to rush.
I cycled it with 3 marine pure balls from my established tank.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't add the 3 together, the biofilter can't go from zero to 3 fish right away, you have a good chance to lose one or two. I would start with the 2 clowns, and add the angel in later. IMO, the tank is small for the angel and you might have problems...

PeterZammetti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prime/Stability During the first seven days after adding fish regardless of ammonia/nitrite readings. Don't freak out during spikes. Only do water changes if Ammonia or Nitrite goes above 1. Never do more than 50%...Never. You can do 30% then another 30% an hour later, with no problems. Remember tank maturity starts around month 3 and stabilizes around month 6.

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 25 gallons lagoon AIO tank is just cycled. My stocking list is two clownfish and a pygmy cherub angelfish and that’s it.

Can I add them all together at once? They clownfish is less than 1” and the Pygmy cherub angelfish is between 1”-2”.

I will be running UV, carbon, and skimmer.
If you follow one of the cycling methods that is geared towards a full stock, like Dr. Tim's method, you can add everything right away. Otherwise it's one fish at a time essentially.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 74.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back