adding more snail

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aquaking
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
In my 75 which is only half full at the moment I have 5 turbos, 8 nasarius, a cherry conch, a pencil urchin and a slew of hermits. I think adding more snails is always good...if u feel they don't have enough to eat though, u can add nori and they will love it. I can add a whole sheet and its gone by morning. Possibly sooner.
 
too many? psh.

in my 80, i have approximately:

100x dwarf cerith
15-20x nassarius vibex
10-15x nerite
20-25x florida cerith
20x zig-zag periwinkle
40x dwarf planaxis
1x hawkwing conch


and i dont have enough.
 
And I would ditch the turbo snails unless you have a lot of hair algae, that's what they're best at. I'd hit up reefcleaners.org and get the 75g quick crew (without hermits), and maybe add some periwinkles and planaxis.
 
If you do add more, I wouldn't add any more turbos --- they are eating machines and will often starve to death if you have too many. I only have 2 in my 75.
 
would you like some aquarium to go with your snails lol. Just kidding, but that is a very good lineup...how much rock you got???
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new