Adding more yellow tail damsels possible?

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I am upgrading to a 40 gal breeder with 20 sump. Currently I have 2 clowns, a royal gramma and a yellow tail damsel. The latter has turned out to be a model citizen. Would it be a mistake to try adding two more yellow tails perhaps putting all three in the new tank last?

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
added 2 or more if you want to add some. the number you add needs to exceed the number you already have.

i added a single azure to a single peaceful springer in my 50g and the springer had that poor fish nipped almost to death in the span of about 2 hours. i later added both at the same time to my bigger tank and they don't mind each other at all

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With all three going into brand new territory together I would guess it should work out fine. The only issue I would be concerned about would be the condition of the new damsels. If they are in a weakened state it may not turn out well being placed with your existing damsel who is likely in very good health. Possibly place the new fish in advance and give them some time to adjust and then add the resident damsel you already have. Just a guess but I would think a 24hr head start would be helpful.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back