Adding new rock to Tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter AlexVic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AlexVic

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2024
Messages
156
Reaction score
37
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody, I’m going to add some Caribisea life rock to my established tank. Will it cause an ammonia spike? And if it doesn’t can I just put it in or should I wash it with tap water
 
I just washed mine in tap water and threw it in there. 3 weeks in no issues besides the normal ugly phase they go through. No sure If this is the correct way though.
 
I just rinse it in the dirty bucket from a water change. No issues if it is new from the box and not new to you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new