Or is this alright.
I am getting the coraline growing

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will probably get the coralline growth without the PurpUp. All that does is raise your dissolved calcium levels, of which if your dosing, then its raising your cal number.
You just need to keep your alk at 8-12dKH, your calcium at 380-460, and your mag at 1250-1350, the coralline will come. If its slow at first, scrape it off the rocks, let it get about the tank, then you'll be pulling your hair out trying to scrape it all off. :tongue:

OP
OP
Reef.ductionist

Reef.ductionist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks. I've beendosing this purple up for 5 days and so far I just see a little red bits here and there. Something tells me the kalk is better.

HiddenUser

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks. I've beendosing this purple up for 5 days and so far I just see a little red bits here and there. Something tells me the kalk is better.

I tried Purple Up, but my coraline growth really didn't take off until I started using Kalk. 6 months in and it's all over my rocks and overflow...Only a few specs have show up on the glass thus far.

ReddyW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple Up is overpriced crap. The main ingredient is "Super Sea Calcium", what exactly is that? BS is what it is.

Spend your money on a decent test kit and keep your Ca, Mg, and Alk stable, and Phosphate and Nitrate low.

OP
OP
Reef.ductionist

Reef.ductionist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok got it!;)
Now if someone could just put coraline algae SPORES on a bottle yhat would.. Ahh, thanks folls

AquamanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple Up is overpriced crap. The main ingredient is "Super Sea Calcium", what exactly is that? BS is what it is.

Spend your money on a decent test kit and keep your Ca, Mg, and Alk stable, and Phosphate and Nitrate low.

I agree

OP
OP
Reef.ductionist

Reef.ductionist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I purchased a Salifert test kit and discovered my magnesium level was 1080. So added the dose of mag and purpleup together. Im going to measure once a day mag calcium and dkh for the next seven days and dose accordingly. I thank you all for your advice,

Regards,
LN

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back