Adding removable door panels to a steel frame stand

  • Thread starter Thread starter boudster
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I might have missed the post but if you're worried about sliding just add a piece of one by one around the inside of the panel kind of like picture framing and it won't slide down or sideways
 
This is a link to an old thread with pics of a stand I built for Buggle years ago. The front and sides are completely removable. I helped the second owner set it up too when it was sold.
http://www.3reef.com/threads/issues-with-stand.139556/#ath

I think the entire build is still over on RC, I don't visit that site myself.
 
Last edited:
You know the simplest way is just do a freestanding facade out of ply or 1x and simply use the quick release hinges that pop off w/ a flick of the finger, they even come w/ a soft close.
While my cabinet/stand builds are wood frames, I do the same type of wrap in wood, just slides in place, pulls back out if you need to get in there, this is what I do.



 
Last edited:
So yeah I just want that Canopy lol. Going to have to build one for new tank and a little intimidated to be honest.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new