Adding rock to established tank

NuckChorris

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2021
Messages
66
Reaction score
24
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I want to add some more rock to my tank to have more space for acro placement, but I don’t want to cause any chemistry issues.

Should I cycle the rocks in a separate tub with saltwater for awhile before adding? I don’t want to spike Po4. And I’ll use dry rock because I don’t want to get hitchhikers like mantis shrimp.

Can anyone share their experiences doing this?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new