Adding salt to a new tank. Best way?

G_Lows

Glows
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the process of setting up my new 150g tank. I unfortunately do not have a large enough vat to premix salt water before adding to the tank. So I am currently undergoing the painstaking process of filling the tank with a rodi trickle straight from my unit. What is the best way to go about mixing the salt in tank? Sand and rock are already in.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’m in the process of setting up my new 150g tank. I unfortunately do not have a large enough vat to premix salt water before adding to the tank. So I am currently undergoing the painstaking process of filling the tank with a rodi trickle straight from my unit. What is the best way to go about mixing the salt in tank? Sand and rock are already in.
I’ve had many new tanks and found it easiest and for a 150 gallon is to add 2.5 bags to the tank along with RO water and fill 3/5 of the way and run powerhead allowing it to dissolve, then add your sand then your rocks, etc

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back