Adding second ato reservoir or replacing RSR200xl

Little c big D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm looking for an appropriate container. I want to put a T in and run a second hose to a second reservoir (with its own needle valve, for when I'm on vacation. a 5gallon narrow res fits my needs but they all run pump rather than gravity. Are there resevoirs with the barb built in? Should I spend the money on a nice res and drill and modify it? What have others done or suggest? TIA

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 10 G garbage pale, and my aqualifter sits on top of the lid. I drilled a hole in the side for my float valve. Been working perfect for a decade. easy to run through my kalk stirrer

OP
OP
Little c big D

Little c big D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 10 G garbage pale, and my aqualifter sits on top of the lid. I drilled a hole in the side for my float valve. Been working perfect for a decade. easy to run through my kalk stirrer
I'm trying to stay pumpless with it. Also I have such little room in the cabinet. they make sever 5g reservoirs that are sized right. but it seems modifications to a cheaper plastic container may be easier. Currently the 2gal res last 2 days. I'm trying to get to 5... so the 5 gal will give me that plus some. I would only use it in those occasions

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back