Adding skimmer to brute container suggestions

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today my plan is to add the reef octopus skimmer to a brute container which is my sump on my frag tank just looking for suggestion on how I could do that I want it to sit 9 inches in the water. Little background on the tank I have a 20g and 40g breeder tank plumbed into the brute container they are located in my basement and are used just for a growout/frag tank suggestions would be awesome thanks guys!

A0D95B38-37A1-4A10-A4FA-CC53FD3A5768.jpeg 4B4A9670-240D-44B6-9BAD-39A995B8129E.jpeg

ddrueckh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could add 4 bulkheads (2 on each side) so you can add 2 pvc pipes going across your brute container for your skimmer to sit on. You could also put some egg-crate across the pipes making a little shelf for the skimmer to sit on and also making it a little sturdier. Hope my idea makes sense. Other option is to make a box out of pvc pipe and put egg-crate on top. The box would be rectangular sitting on the bottom of the brute container going up to your desired level. My only worry about this method is how much it may float even if the pipes are full of water.

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could add 4 bulkheads (2 on each side) so you can add 2 pvc pipes going across your brute container for your skimmer to sit on. You could also put some egg-crate across the pipes making a little shelf for the skimmer to sit on and also making it a little sturdier. Hope my idea makes sense. Other option is to make a box out of pvc pipe and put egg-crate on top. The box would be rectangular sitting on the bottom of the brute container going up to your desired level. My only worry about this method is how much it may float even if the pipes are full of water.
Oh okay I gotcha I like those ideas! Or the other option I do have is I have a skimz sump laying around and I just add that to the system that might be a tad easier maybe. And easier for maintaince

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back