adding t5 to reef breeders led

mikediamo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have a 75 gallon tank with 2 reef breeder lights. Don't know what version, it has 2 dials one for white and one for blue. My accans have grown from a frag to a cantaloupe size ball in the last 10 years. I was hoping that if i add some t5 lights to the hood i can help the colors go from a washed red to the dark red that the use to be when i first got them. I was thinking the let 2 x54 watt retro kit. One in the front and one in the back so reef breeders would be in the middle. I guess a blue+ and a coral+ bulb. My question is will this improve the color of my corals. I have tried dialing the reef breeders so many time that i feel confident i have it dialed in the best they can go. So what bulb goes in front? will 2 t5 bulbs be enough. No I do not want to by an ai, radeon, kasiel, as i have already made my decision and have my own opinion on those lights.
thanks

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Over T-5 I’d consider reef brite OR orphek OR3 light bars

OP
OP
M

mikediamo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks i just got off the phone with reef breeders he said for me to crank my blue dials to 100 from 75 see if it helps. he said at 7 years old those lights may be running dim

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back