Adding tangs

cashmilladakilla

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2024
Messages
35
Reaction score
8
Location
canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I have a 500 gallon tank with a vlamingi, naso, clown, gem, yellow 2x, orange shoulder, convict, regal blue, chocolate. Our Desjardini who we had forever passed away last weekend and we want to get another desjardini, I know it’s a bad idea to add a singular tang to a tank with established tangs but I don’t think we have enough room to add another tang? Also is it better to go with a smaller desjardini or a larger one when adding to an established tank? Thanks for any help!
 
In a tank that size it should be fine to get another desjardini. It would probably be better to get a smaller one but your tank is so big that it doesn’t really matter.
 
do you think adding a small desjardini and a small purple tang would be too much?
In a tank that size it should be fine to get another desjardini. It would probably be better to get a smaller one but your tank is so big that it doesn’t really matter.
 
do you think adding a small desjardini and a small purple tang would be too much?
I think it can work. I would tape a couple mirrors to the outside when I added the new guys.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new