Adios, Aiptasia!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We receive a lot of calls from people who are looking for Berghia as a natural means of Aiptasia control. Fortunately, we've hooked up with what we feel is one of the top breeders in the nation to bring you top quality Berghia nudibranchs. We love these Berghia because, unlike Berghia that we have seen from other sources, they are very adept "hunters", and seem to have a real "tracking" capability.

They are always of decent size, too. When we mean 1/2", you'll receive a 1/2" Berghia. Quality and consistency are important, and these specimens fit the bill. They are not the cheapest Berghia you can buy. But we feel that they are simply the best. They have been raised properly, with a great deal of care, so you're assured healthy specimens, ready to go to work on the Aiptasia that have been giving you fits!

scott f 096 berghia-720.jpg

You can purchase them here: Berghia sp. - Berghia Nudibranch (Captive Propagated) - MORE

So, don't let those pesky Aiptasia ruin your reef. Use nature's own solution today!

Last edited:

jaysauce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We receive a lot of calls from people who are looking for Berghia as a natural means of Aiptasia control. Fortunately, we've hooked up with what we feel is one of the top breeders of Aiptasia in the nation to bring you top quality Berghia nudibranchs. We love these Berghia because, unlike Berghia that we have seen from other sources, they are very adept "hunters", and seem to have a real "tracking" capability.

They are always of decent size, too. When we mean 1/2", you'll receive a 1/2" Berghia. Quality and consistency are important, and these specimens fit the bill. They are not the cheapest Berghia you can buy. But we feel that they are simply the best. They have been raised properly, with a great deal of care, so you're assured healthy specimens, ready to go to work on the Aiptasia that have been giving you fits!

scott f 096 berghia-720.jpg

You can purchase them here: Berghia sp. - Berghia Nudibranch (Captive Propagated) - MORE

So, don't let those pesky Aiptasia ruin your reef. Use nature's own solution today!

How would the shipping work with these guys?

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How would the shipping work with these guys?

Good question!

We do not hold these animals in our own facility, as they require feeding and specialized care which we are not equipped to deliver. So, when an order is placed, we obtain them directly from our propagator with an Aiptasia or two, and then we forward them to you via FedEx. The idea is to get them to you as quickly as possible, so that they are not without food for more than one or two days maximum. It's a bit of a dance, requiring some coordination, but it's a reliable and effective method.

-Scott

OP
OP
uniquecorals

uniquecorals

UniqueCorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much would shipping be then? Thanks!

Hi Jay,

At this time, they will fall under our standard flat rate FedEx shipping of $35.00 ($20.00 in CA), unless ordered with other items in an order totaling $200 or more... We experimented with the idea of other, less expensive options from USPS, but even a 2 day transit time is of concern with these animals. So at least for now, we're sticking with FedEx. I'd love to offer a less expensive, yet still quick and reliable alternative. I'll throw it out there: Anyone have any other thoughts on shipping these? We want to become your trusted source for livestock, and your opinions and ideas are taken seriously as we strive to improve our company.

Thanks!

Scott

Kbra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jay,

At this time, they will fall under our standard flat rate FedEx shipping of $35.00 ($20.00 in CA), unless ordered with other items in an order totaling $200 or more... We experimented with the idea of other, less expensive options from USPS, but even a 2 day transit time is of concern with these animals. So at least for now, we're sticking with FedEx. I'd love to offer a less expensive, yet still quick and reliable alternative. I'll throw it out there: Anyone have any other thoughts on shipping these? We want to become your trusted source for livestock, and your opinions and ideas are taken seriously as we strive to improve our company.

Thanks!

Scott

USPS offers express shipping ( 1 day) to most locations.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had these become a meal for fish? I would hate to buy these and they get eaten by a wrasse or something.

Typed from my phone, because I have nothing better to do.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had these become a meal for fish? I would hate to buy these and they get eaten by a wrasse or something.

Typed from my phone, because I have nothing better to do.

Once they have eaten an aiptasia, they take over its sting and become very unappetizing to fish!

CJ

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 106 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 83 33.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 40 16.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.6%
Back