Adjustable height lighing rack

Freddy0144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R peeps,

I am fairly new here, I am planning for a new build that we will be starting after we remodel our Kitchen. I have conducted several searches and have not found a build thread for an adjustable light rack. Currently, the plan is to use a 61" Aquatic Life with 4 Kessil 360's and 4 60" t-5's (I am reusing this from my old tank.... However I want the rack to be adjustable up an down to allow for me to get my fat head between the top of the tank and the lighting rack. If you have documented such a build thread or know of one please share with me.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at lighting racks for djs. I honestly don’t remember what they looked like but my roomate in college was one and remember them definitely height adjustable. Not sure if this helps at all lol

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mean an automatically adjustable light rack or something you can move up manually? Mine is hung on four corner chains, so when I need to get the noggin underneath I can increment the rack up a few links at a time.

I imagine it would be easy enough to build something. Just off the top of said noggin, you could attach a light rack to the wall with hinges and then use a manual cable winch to crank up the front.

I do recall reading a large tank thread or two over the years with adjustable light racks .... just cannot recall which. Probably best to scour the large/monster tank pages.

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back