Asthix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on improving my cabinet:
  1. Reducing the number of single PSU
  2. Redundancy by using 2 PSU connected through a redundancy module that will automatically switch the load in case of a failure (while having "OK" signal check sent to the P4)
  3. Improving power efficiency
  4. Save space and much cleaner cabling
  5. Being able to manage most of the stuff by the Profilux

Backup are only planned on 2*MP40 as it's the simplest things to do (although I could add another redundancy module which will couple with the other PSUs) but power shortage are rare here and not for so long (Once a year for 15 mins maximum)

I was personally surprised by @Lasse cabinet as I think the only build I've seen to that point, I've not read every topic but I'll be happy to see others cabinet!
Personal thanks to you, I wasn't even aware of the 6D-PAB before that and this brings a lot to me and my automation background !

More things to learn on the P4 and it's specifics languages but for that, I just need to read the book.
For me the most important thing is reliability, I'm 1/2 week out of home and I have a 150G fully colonized SPS so I can't handle a single failure (Dual return pump, dual dosing pump for now).
I planned to step ahead and worked on the PSUs side with the help of the Profilux 4 I just bought.

And you, have you worked on that?

PSU 150g.png

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer with the question but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

OP
OP
A

Asthix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've made some progress and ordered the parts, see below how it will be installed In the cabinet:
Screenshot_20220827_011329_GnaCAD.jpg

Tight fit, but overall I have a whole rail for which I'll have the Profilux Input and output connected to for whatever purposes I'll had in the future.

Overall, dual PSUs with good efficiency (89%),Mean time between failure of 260kHours(crazy), for which you could add battery that will make 3 redundant system and completely transparent in case of a failure.

For a single dual PSU and redundant module, it costs me a bit more than 200€;(+all things around) but if you don't want to make so many things, could be enough.

In my case I have about 15 Power brick (+the light that I won't change), imagine the mess with the amount of plugs!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back