Advice adding Fairy and Flasher Wrasse

  • Thread starter Thread starter JMF2324
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JMF2324

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2015
Messages
143
Reaction score
106
Location
Miami, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need advice on adding a new purchase of fairy and a flasher wrasse to my tank. The tank is 125 gallong 60 × 24 × 30 h with a 40 gallon sump. Below are the current inhabitants and the new fish:

-Current Inhabitants
One spot foxface
Longnose Hawkfish
Valentini Puffer
Yellow watchman goby
Copperband butterfly
Neon goby
Clown goby
Pintail fairy wrasse
Solar wrasse

-New fish purchase
Red/pink margin fairy wrasse
Lubbock's fairy wrasse
Filamented flasher wrasse
Melanurus wrasse
Darwin clown fish

Should i use a acclimation box for the new wrasse when introducing them to the DT?

I also have a Naokos wrasse in a seperate tank that i'm hoping to add after all these fish settle in.
 
Last edited:
Bump for the wrasse folks.

The dimensions of the display look closer to 190 gallons.
 
Sorry, dimensions are
60×24×20" h
 
Thanks Hunter!!!

Should I add all the wrasses at the same time to the acclimation box?
 
I do have 1 large aclimmation box and a small one that shouldwork for the flasher and fairy wrasses.

As for the Naokos wrasse, how long after I add these wrasse to the DT should I try adding the Naokos? Or do you think it's not even worth trying to add him.
 
As for the Naokos wrasse, how long after I add these wrasse to the DT should I try adding the Naokos? Or do you think it's not even worth trying to add him.
How much risk are you willing to take and/or how lucky are you feeling? :)
If you have the means to trap it back out if things do not go well, then proceed with caution.
 
I'll see how the others settle in and make a decision in a few months. Thanks for the advice Hunter.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new