Advice for lighting a rsr625xxl

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2016
Messages
5,479
Reaction score
15,002
Location
Holland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok ,im looking for some advice on lighting for my rsr625xxl... im swapping out my kessils A360X for an ATI T5/led hybrid , ive always wanted to do this combo .
So my question is would i be ok with a 4bulb 39w + 2x led ..or would it be better to go for the 8bulb 39w + 2leds. My tank is lxbxh 120cm x 60x x 60 .. my rock scape is a floating reef shelf where the shelf is about half way up so all my sps will be situated at this level ..
I cant get the 6 bulb fixture , so my thought was maybe get the 8bulb and run 6 of them ..and if necessary i can add two more .
Ive never had t5s ...the 4bulb ati is 30.5cm wide so justvhalf the width of my tank , the 8bulb is 57.5cm wide ..
Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated..ive included a photo of my tank and scape for consideration .
Thanks mack

20231030_113548.jpg
 
I run a 4x36” ati fixture with 2 xr15’s over my 75g and am really happy with it. I am going to go 60” 4x and 3 xr30’s on my 180. I think its the best combo honestly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new