Advice needed - Building work disturbance?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TOM-779
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TOM-779

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2025
Messages
367
Reaction score
395
Location
UK
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I had planned to get my tank up and running January but delayed due to several house issues
which comes with moving home. However, latest problem has resulted in the need to knock down small wall to enlarge bathroom.

I am worried as the room next door is where my new tank is going to be set up (not actually resting against wall where work to be carried out in - tank will be going on opposite side wall) However, I am still worried about possible impact noise, vibrations might have on tank if I contiue with plan to set up before building work takes place. Its only a small room with small wall coming down -but then whole new bathroom needs fitting. Dust not so much of worry due to doors closed and taped up.

I would be grateful for all of your opinions - just eager to go as this will be my last tank before I lose my sight and go blind so eager to get going. However, should I be cautious and delay set up until all work is done.

many thanks Tom
 
I've done plenty of house renovation projects in my house with tanks set up - including replacing the bathroom (floor and all) directly above my tank. Nothing really phased the tank. Like you said, protect from construction dust etc. but the vibrations shouldn't matter too much.
 
I think you will be alright man just keep the dust out a little vibration wont harm anything.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new