Advice on sump/return pump 90 gallon DT

I’ve paid 175 for a mag drive. Twice. And they lasted 3 and 5 years.

I then paid 80$ for a Jebao return pump that lasted 4 years

And replaced it with my current one for $73 And it’s been running since June 2017

I am getting my moneys worth out of them for sure. The “name brand” pumps are probably all made in the same factories in china
 
Thanks, likely DC i think. I hear good things bout sicce is the controllable ones worth it? I'll try my best to leave room. Just sucks I can't fit a 40b under my stand the 29 is biggest I can fit. And want some refugium space. Is 5 inches good for return pump section?
You could make it fit if you make another stand lol (that’s what I did )
Also I would recommend a DC pump 1000 gph and up .. This way you can run pump on low setting to save it and also due to head loss . If you are thinking of running accessories off a tee or manifold get a 1400 gph and up pump ..
Have fun !!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new