Advice please

RedneckReefer68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I have is SPS so I thought I'd ask this here instead of the chemistry forum..

I was using lamotte ALK kit a couple weeks ago keeping my alk at 7.2. I ran out and ordered the refill kit. While I was waiting I was using an elos kit I had. It was saying 7.5. it said 7.5 everyday I tested till the till kit came in. Lamotte refill kit came in and read 6.4. So I'm like what the heck...I raised my alk back to 7 according to lamotte over a few days and frags lost what little polyp extension I've had. They just didn't look as good as before. I just kept is at 7.2-.5 for the week. Saturday I bought a redsea kit and tested to compare. It read 8.7 what the heck. I let my alk come down naturally the last 2 days and today is at 8.1 after reducing my doser the last 2 days. I don't even know what to think my freaking ALK is right now. BTW elos still reading 7.5 today [emoji23]

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A man with two watches never knows what time it is.

Choose the kit that you think is higher quality and go with it. Stability is more important than the actual number unless you are driving N and P Ultra Low with organic carbon and trying to do Zeo, or something.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • None.

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back