OP
MERKEY

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah guys I really went all out tonight. I sure hope those mystery boxes come in my favor too! I think I definitely won the most spent lol.
I'm excited for you for those mystery boxes for you...I have a feeling they are going to be sending some really nice mystery pieces your way!

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm excited for you for those mystery boxes for you...I have a feeling they are going to be sending some really nice mystery pieces your way!
I hope so and trust them, better then wwc which are the worst mystery boxes ever and my last z blank .com mystery box wasn’t the best, a bunch of single polyp low end stuff like 1 polyp of cat eyes... I normally don’t say anything but I sent a email and they said I had already bought the high end frags they had so they sent some low end stuff.. they ended up sending another box which did make up some.

OP
OP
MERKEY

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hope so and trust them, better then wwc which are the worst mystery boxes ever and my last z blank .com mystery box wasn’t the best, a bunch of single polyp low end stuff like 1 polyp of cat eyes... I normally don’t say anything but I sent a email and they said I had already bought the high end frags they had so they sent some low end stuff.. they ended up sending another box which did make up some.
I do see how companies would use that tactic to get rid of some stuff. With how many they sell I doubt many customers say anything.

You would think the mystery box would be based off of what you have bought during the live sales. I have a good feeling cali kid recognized ypur taste;)

OP
OP
MERKEY

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok for returns...

Reef octo varios4
Neptune cor20
Echotech M2

There are actually a couple others

Leaning towards the vectra m2 as I already have their lights and control would be compatible.

Things are in higher demand at the moment so it may be a week or 2 before this comes together;)

OP
OP
MERKEY

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After looking over at the bashsea website I am quite impressed.

Their ATO, reactors, skimmers, and even racks look really nice.

I might go all bashsea on this set up for the sump equipment.....

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which series did you go with? There are quite a few and Im having trouble deciding lol
I'm setting up a 180 so I patterned my custom sump from their S60 series. I kept the length the same but increased the width às well as other things. I also spec's ou t custom reactors and an ATO . My point is you should have a clear goal in mind. You don't have to have it all figured out but you need to have a big picture in mind.

OP
OP
MERKEY

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Signature is the best
Thanks for this suggestion, I was thinkng this or smart series. Just have to figure out all im doing with it hahah
I'm setting up a 180 so I patterned my custom sump from their S60 series. I kept the length the same but increased the width às well as other things. I also spec's ou t custom reactors and an ATO . My point is you should have a clear goal in mind. You don't have to have it all figured out but you need to have a big picture in mind.
Oh dang that will be sweet!

Thats the main part I'm doing now is gather info for a more complete direction. Definitely have an idea but don't want to get it home and wish I would have gone a different direction.

My tank is so simple right now I really will be starting from scratch. As of now we use a skimmer and phosgaurd to hold our phos under .1 so a media reactor most likely. We also have a mini HOB refugium. Other than that we are still deciding ;)

OP
OP
MERKEY

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Merkey if I had mine to do all over. I'd double the amount of overflow back to my sump.
I'm getting ready to change out my return pumps to something with an app that I can fully control. I wouldn't go cheap on the return pump.
Good luck with new set up. I've been fine tuning mine since I set it up lol.
Ok so looking at the eshopps HOB overflows there are a variety of options.

Running a LPS torch dominant tank at the moment and I have flow between 20-30x's. My return from the fx6 says 900gph so realistically 450ish gph. Then I have alternating 1900gph hydors acting as a wave towards the top going the lenght of the tank. Probably a little excessive so im trying to dial it with this set up. I'll be getting something controllable this time.

I want to take your advice about enough overflow to the sump.

So my question...would an overflow of twice the suggested gph for a 75g tank by eshopps be what you are trying to hint at would be what I should go for with the overflow?. I dont want to run into too light of flow to my sump, I also done want a waterfall lol

I hope that question makes some sense hahah

Here are theseries they make and I'm thinking of getting either the 1000 or 1200 to make sure I have enough to the sump. Then of course a controllable return to match the overlow.

Thanks for the help!

Screenshot_20200810-220309_Chrome.jpg

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so looking at the eshopps HOB overflows there are a variety of options.

Running a LPS torch dominant tank at the moment and I have flow between 20-30x's. My return from the fx6 says 900gph so realistically 450ish gph. Then I have alternating 1900gph hydors acting as a wave towards the top going the lenght of the tank. Probably a little excessive so im trying to dial it with this set up. I'll be getting something controllable this time.

I want to take your advice about enough overflow to the sump.

So my question...would an overflow of twice the suggested gph for a 75g tank by eshopps be what you are trying to hint at would be what I should go for with the overflow?. I dont want to run into too light of flow to my sump, I also done want a waterfall lol

I hope that question makes some sense hahah

Here are theseries they make and I'm thinking of getting either the 1000 or 1200 to make sure I have enough to the sump. Then of course a controllable return to match the overlow.

Thanks for the help!

Screenshot_20200810-220309_Chrome.jpg
Makes perfect sense. I love the movement on top of water it keeps things super clean. Cant stand looking down on my tables and seeing anything on top of water.

Far as hydraulics I'm not really sure about what size return pump. For me it was trial and error lol. I needed alot more return than you because I'm feeding a 12' long run of tables so needed alot of push. And alot of equalization between them.

To make a long story short id go with the 1.5" dual backflow if im reading that right.
Id put gate valves on both backflows just in case you need to slow the backflow down when your fine tuning your return.
More is better I think you will be grateful you did put the gate valves on with bigger backflows it gives you so much more control!
Here's what I did.
20200811_160821.jpg
20200811_160815.jpg

You can also check out my whole system in frag section under mushroom garden 2.0 lol. Been alot of work.

On Edit:

I'm assuming your wanting to turn over at least 300 gallons an hour on the 75?
You could probably get away with the dual 1 inch 1200.
Id still suggest going to the bigger 1.5 inch and putting gate valves for more control.

Last edited:

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 51 55.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back