Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am wanting to upgrade to a 100 gallon long.. not sure if I want rimless or not..
My question is which would be the best way to go? I won a synergy shadow overflow that I have been holding onto until I did my upgrade.. but I was told that having dual overflows would be best so I wouldn't have to worry about pushing gunk to the center and then to the top of the tank.. what would you suggest or go with? Also kessil 360s and how many or radions and size and how many?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think dual overflows are necessary on a 100g, as long as the synergy is properly rated. Having flow inside the tank with circulation style powerheads at each end, or a gyre type if you like those, would be sufficient.

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think dual overflows are necessary on a 100g, as long as the synergy is properly rated. Having flow inside the tank with circulation style powerheads at each end, or a gyre type if you like those, would be sufficient.
Thank you for replying

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also think I want to go with kessil lighting.. think two of the 360 wide angles would be enough?

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dimensions of the tank?

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, for a tank that long, you might want to look into either a third kessil. But 6 feet is tough to work with because--and I'm guessing here--kessil probably has a spread of around 3 feet, but around the edges is the bare minimum, so not much PAR value at all. I could be wrong, though. Never owned kessil.

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But what I do know is that kessil prides themselves for good wide spread optics.

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also think I want to go with kessil lighting.. think two of the 360 wide angles would be enough?
Depends on what you want to keep. If you are going for sps clams 4-5, mixed 3-4. You could probably get away with 3 for softies.

islandbreeze

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am wanting to upgrade to a 100 gallon long.. not sure if I want rimless or not..
My question is which would be the best way to go? I won a synergy shadow overflow that I have been holding onto until I did my upgrade.. but I was told that having dual overflows would be best so I wouldn't have to worry about pushing gunk to the center and then to the top of the tank.. what would you suggest or go with? Also kessil 360s and how many or radions and size and how many?
rimless def looks nice but rimmed tanks dont allow splashover of water as easy when cleaning em. so either can be good

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back