Advice

jeremybrowntattoos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a clown wrasse that managed to flip over my acanthophyllias, scolys, and any coral on my substrate- flips them upside down constantly. I recently glued them down to frag plates and buried the plates in the sandbed, so it’s harder for him to flip em now, but somehow he still does and he’s killing my acanthophyllia. My question is, if I get the wrasse out of my tank will I experience pest issues? Because the fish is killing expensive Corals and I don’t know if the risk is worth the reward of getting rid of the wrasse. Thanks in advance

4D86FCED-F344-43B8-943D-39A9C734E8F2.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have a clown wrasse that managed to flip over my acanthophyllias, scolys, and any coral on my substrate- flips them upside down constantly. I recently glued them down to frag plates and buried the plates in the sandbed, so it’s harder for him to flip em now, but somehow he still does and he’s killing my acanthophyllia. My question is, if I get the wrasse out of my tank will I experience pest issues? Because the fish is killing expensive Corals and I don’t know if the risk is worth the reward of getting rid of the wrasse. Thanks in advance

And wouldn’t you know it- red coris wrasse
I have had the same nightmare and over a dozen persons experience the same
They’re in search of food and worms but will real havoc in the process

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Why not a magnetic or suction cup frag rack?

OP
OP
J

jeremybrowntattoos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And wouldn’t you know it- red coris wrasse
I have had the same nightmare and over a dozen persons experience the same
They’re in search of food and worms but will real havoc in the process
If I get rid of him, will I get a little bit of a pest problem since he won’t be in there to eat them?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
If I get rid of him, will I get a little bit of a pest problem since he won’t be in there to eat them?
Likely not . They are a gorgeous fish especially with adult colors but they will haunt you in your sleep lol

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 28.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.0%
Back