AEFW-X

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
The Opinionated Reefer

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using this product for 6 weeks now and there are still AEFW in my system although not as many as there were. You claim on the bottle it will rid the tank of AEFW in 4 to 6 weeks but this is clearly not the case.

I have reefer 350 so probably around 300 litres of water volume. I have been dosing at 15ml per day that whole time.
I have enough left for about another 8 weeks of treatment.

I have a feeling this stuff will not eradicate AEFW as it claims?

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Recci, We said that usually in this time the most treatment works good. The success of such kind of treatments depends on many other parameters like Temperature, Waterparameters and condition of the corals before starting. We explain all very clearly in our Manual of AEFW-X . Like i say also 6 weeks ago i am not sure if the alkalinity solution has an effect. Maybe it has, maybe not. Please see the manual on our website and follow this strictly then it usually works good. AEFWX is not a all around Toxin which kills every worm in you tank. It is made especially that it works only against this type of worms and not harm any other animal, We cannot work here with strong or forbidden chemicals,. So it is sometime possible that it need bit longer or shorter.

OP
OP
The Opinionated Reefer

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Recci, We said that usually in this time the most treatment works good. The success of such kind of treatments depends on many other parameters like Temperature, Waterparameters and condition of the corals before starting. We explain all very clearly in our Manual of AEFW-X . Like i say also 6 weeks ago i am not sure if the alkalinity solution has an effect. Maybe it has, maybe not. Please see the manual on our website and follow this strictly then it usually works good. AEFWX is not a all around Toxin which kills every worm in you tank. It is made especially that it works only against this type of worms and not harm any other animal, We cannot work here with strong or forbidden chemicals,. So it is sometime possible that it need bit longer or shorter.
Do you have a link to the manual?

I used up the stuff that had alk in it. Bought a fresh 1L bottle which should last me another 8 weeks or so. I hope after that length of time it has worked.

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ali-F

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here is the manual for the AEFW-X Please feel free to contact us anytime for further questions , you can also use the QR Code on the bottle

@Fauna Marin can you please advise me here?

I have been dosing 48 ml of AEFW-X into my tank for almost 4 months now even though the tank is not heavily infested. But still sometimes I can see adult flatworm blown when I disturb them using powerhead every other week or so.

I was hoping that by now they will be gone completely and I can resume dosing AFEW-X as preventive measure.

I will list down the actions I am doing for the past 4 months and let me know if there is a room for any kind of improvements.

System volume = 1200l
1. Daily dose of 48 ml of AFEW-X (dosing pump)
2. Daily dose of 24ml of KZ FlatwormStop (dosing pump)
3. Daily dose of 12ml of KZ Coral booster (dosing pump)
4. I was doing weekly blow sessions for both the corals and aquascape using small powerhead but now I am doing it every 2-3 days.
5. I reduced the temperature to 23 and maintain it between 23.5 - 23.8. I even reduced it more since last month and now the temperature is between 21.2 -21.6.
8. I cut feeding for 2 weeks then I go back to normal feeding to 2 times a day for two weeks. Rinse and repeat. By this I am forcing my wrasses to hunt as well as any other fish to consume blown away flatworm.
7. I have total of 12 wrasse fish in my tank (Fairy wrasse x5, leopard wrassex2, Yellow & Purple wrasses x2, 6line wrasse, Melanurus Wrasse and Adorned Wrasse).

Note that my skimmer is working all the time and the UV is off most of the time. Carbon and GFO are added whenever there is a need for them. (using phosphate 0.04 and Rawa carbon). It seems all the above did not bother any fish, coral or invertebrates as all changes were done slowly.

I am fighting flatworm for more than a year now but it seems that this could go forever. I really had high expectations when you introduced the AEFW-X but now I am not sure if this is really working. I am paranoid that if I stop the fight now and "live with it" the flatworm will take over the system lol.

I am looking forward to your reply.

regards

OP
OP
The Opinionated Reefer

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fauna Marin can you please advise me here?

I have been dosing 48 ml of AEFW-X into my tank for almost 4 months now even though the tank is not heavily infested. But still sometimes I can see adult flatworm blown when I disturb them using powerhead every other week or so.

I was hoping that by now they will be gone completely and I can resume dosing AFEW-X as preventive measure.

I will list down the actions I am doing for the past 4 months and let me know if there is a room for any kind of improvements.

System volume = 1200l
1. Daily dose of 48 ml of AFEW-X (dosing pump)
2. Daily dose of 24ml of KZ FlatwormStop (dosing pump)
3. Daily dose of 12ml of KZ Coral booster (dosing pump)
4. I was doing weekly blow sessions for both the corals and aquascape using small powerhead but now I am doing it every 2-3 days.
5. I reduced the temperature to 23 and maintain it between 23.5 - 23.8. I even reduced it more since last month and now the temperature is between 21.2 -21.6.
8. I cut feeding for 2 weeks then I go back to normal feeding to 2 times a day for two weeks. Rinse and repeat. By this I am forcing my wrasses to hunt as well as any other fish to consume blown away flatworm.
7. I have total of 12 wrasse fish in my tank (Fairy wrasse x5, leopard wrassex2, Yellow & Purple wrasses x2, 6line wrasse, Melanurus Wrasse and Adorned Wrasse).

Note that my skimmer is working all the time and the UV is off most of the time. Carbon and GFO are added whenever there is a need for them. (using phosphate 0.04 and Rawa carbon). It seems all the above did not bother any fish, coral or invertebrates as all changes were done slowly.

I am fighting flatworm for more than a year now but it seems that this could go forever. I really had high expectations when you introduced the AEFW-X but now I am not sure if this is really working. I am paranoid that if I stop the fight now and "live with it" the flatworm will take over the system lol.

I am looking forward to your reply.

regards
The product does not work! I have been dosing it for 10 weeks I am in the same situation as you. For the amount they charge for this product you would expect it to actually do what it says on the bottle. Bottom line it's the same as Flatworm stop which is nothing but a bottle of over priced hope!

Ali-F

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The product does not work! I have been dosing it for 10 weeks I am in the same situation as you. For the amount they charge for this product you would expect it to actually do what it says on the bottle. Bottom line it's the same as Flatworm stop which is nothing but a bottle of over priced hope!

This so frustrating.. such a tiny creature that disturb your peace and ruin your hard efforts.

OP
OP
The Opinionated Reefer

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This so frustrating.. such a tiny creature that disturb your peace and ruin your hard efforts.
They have basically destroyed my tank. We need a real cure for these things immediately. They are ruining the hobby for many people who have otherwise been very successful at reef keeping.

Daryl 1500L

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have basically destroyed my tank. We need a real cure for these things immediately. They are ruining the hobby for many people who have otherwise been very successful at reef keeping.
did you have any success at all with anything?

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI Daryl over all it is not a big deal to get rid of these worms. The most important thing is that the corals can build up protection agents against the worms, and the products helps in the all most cases. We say to the most that if they want tp send us an ICP to us, there we can mostly show where is an issue in the base parameters. Some also do not follow the HTU where we exactly explain how to get rid of the worms. As we run a large coralfarm we do use the products in our stations and tests tanks as well , so we do not work only in theory

OP
OP
The Opinionated Reefer

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing worked, they ate all the corals that were vulnerable to them eventually. Turns out they are very choosy about what Acropora they eat. One Acropora colony was getting eaten alive while the one right next to it would remain completely untouched. Very strange. I have ended up with only Acropora left that worms don't seem to like and they have sort of disappeared from the tank. Even on dipping, i don't find any. The tank is in the process of getting shut down now anyway due to the extreme rise in electricity prices in the UK.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back