AF Bio Sand vs other

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys thinking about using " AF Bio Sand" for y tank I really like how white it is any reason not to use it or go with someone else? just trying to gather info I cant find much about this sand other then the bio benefits which I don't care about

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use the sand, just remember that it might darken overtime as algae and detritus collect in it. Maintain sand sifting critters, and occasionally stir the sand bed to keep it white.

I’m sure the bacteria in the sand might help with cycling, but the tank will eventually cycle regardless. :)

OP
OP
Perthegallon

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can use the sand, just remember that it might darken overtime as algae and detritus collect in it. Maintain sand sifting critters, and occasionally stir the sand bed to keep it white.

I’m sure the bacteria in the sand might help with cycling, but the tank will eventually cycle regardless. :)
yeah thats why I didnt care about the bacteria just the color and how it is

OP
OP
Perthegallon

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Perthegallon Did you end up going with the AF Bio Sand? If so, how is the sandbed holding up?
went with the AF sand.... I still haven't got a light for the tank but the sand looks really nice any debrie on it you will cleary see. I probably would not go with it unless you have a good amount of time for upkeeping and cleaning it

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back