OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There ya go! There’s the next big thread. “How old are you?” :grinning-squinting-face:
Would be very interesting!
Welp might as well rip the bandaid off. Started planning for the hobby at 9 got the tank at 10 and set it up 3.75 years went by and struggled until at 13 I joined here then I turned 14 in January got the newest Xbox and money for the tank ofc. And now i'm here!

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp might as well rip the bandaid off. Started planning for the hobby at 9 got the tank at 10 and set it up 3.75 years went by and struggled until at 13 I joined here then I turned 14 in January got the newest Xbox and money for the tank ofc. And now i'm here!
You’re well ahead of most of us! Stick with your passions, and don’t give up. This is the right place to learn and share. But I would let your parents know about you being on here too, if not already. I’m a Dad myself, and would want to know from my kids. Happy Reefing!

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like Matt said this a great place to be. I have learned so much from everyone on here.
I would go check out Reefer Matt’s videos. He does a great job with those and I have learned lots from that too.

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re well ahead of most of us! Stick with your passions, and don’t give up. This is the right place to learn and share. But I would let your parents know about you being on here too, if not already. I’m a Dad myself, and would want to know from my kids. Happy Reefing!
Thank you I appreciate it! I've told my dad he's fine with it. I'm sure they've also seen the email notifications haha!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you I appreciate it! I've told my dad and he's fine with it.
I’d rather my kids be on here than social media lol.. I’m old! Haha.. my kids are 22,20, 18, step kids 18,15

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your tank?
Doing awesome. Added new corals and planning to add a bristletooth later this year. Small remnants of algae growth are being dealt with daily! Just very anxious about seams leaks cracks etc. Not sure why... not sure if im paranoid but I feel like the tank is draining way quicker than before (evaporation hopefully) I have not found water on the floor so I think i'm just paranoid.

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing awesome. Added new corals and planning to add a bristletooth later this year. Small remnants of algae growth are being dealt with daily! Just very anxious about seams leaks cracks etc. Not sure why...
Awesome!
I have been dealing with hair algae recently and can’t get it to go away.
Don’t worry about seams breaking. I did that for a while when I first got my tank. I would check the seams every day lol. Don’t even think about it anymore. Just enjoy the hobby.

It’s awesome to see other teens on here.
How old did you say you are?

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!
I have been dealing with hair algae recently and can’t get it to go away.
Don’t worry about seams breaking. I did that for a while when I first got my tank. I would check the seams every day lol. Don’t even think about it anymore. Just enjoy the hobby.

It’s awesome to see other teens on here.
How old did you say you are?

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your tank?
This is an old picture of the tank. Now the glass is cleared and the GHA is gone. New Kessil lights. More coral a nem hammer toadstool and a tiny duncan coral. I will post a new picture tomorrow of the tank. In the old picture the pink spots are gone too! With a rescape as well now that I think about it.

1707279087364.png

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an old picture of the tank. Now the glass is cleared and the GHA is gone. New Kessil lights. More coral a nem hammer toadstool and a tiny duncan coral. I will post a new picture tomorrow of the tank. In the old picture the pink spots are gone too! With a rescape as well now that I think about it.

1707279087364.png
Cool. Here are some pictures of mine.

Attachments

• IMG_2624.jpeg
    IMG_2624.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2618.jpeg
    IMG_2618.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2506.jpeg
    IMG_2506.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2513.jpeg
    IMG_2513.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 16

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, not many kids that I'm aware of on here, but there are a few teens at least (including a few who are pretty well known and knowledgeable).
Me :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Anyway for what i found while signing up is there is an age requirement of some sort, though i don't know exactly what it is.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 17 10.5%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 44 27.2%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 78 48.1%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back