Aggression with hippo?

leonk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello just curious i just finished the qt moved all my fish to my dt 80g and the hippo tang which is the size of a quarter maybe abit bigger keeps chasing my clowns and sort of lunging him at them swimming under them is this aggression? Do they pick on other fish with their spines or by actually biting them cause there is no biting at all just him swimming at the other fish underneath them. The hippo and clowns are about the same size.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like normal dominance behavior. Something to watch for sure. Using an acclimation box is helpful to reduce this behavior.

OP
OP
L

leonk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like normal dominance behavior. Something to watch for sure. Using an acclimation box is helpful to reduce this behavior.
Yea I don’t want him to slice the clowns it is non stop behavior don’t want him to swim them to death either.

OP
OP
L

leonk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has torn the fin on my sailfin once in 4 years
Ouch yea he is just getting up in the clown fishes space nobody else and looks like he is going under and trying to cut them but not sure just added them all to the tank at the same time it’s a 80 gallon he hasn’t bit anything. Saw the clown fish almost nibble at him back since he won’t leave them alone.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.5%
Back