Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Finding Nemo Disney GIF

RuuToo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 180 that was dry for a while doing a build, and it had glass lids on. The cats were quite used to jumping from the floor to the top of the tank. Then I did a water test, and while it was full with the lid off, one of the cats did a floor jump, realized mid air that it had made a horrible horrible mistake and was briefly fully submerged. Pretty sure it never went near the tank again.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My knuckleheads have no interest in the tanks or fish at all. They DO have an interest in what is behind closed doors. They constantly pull open the doors on the stand to see what I am hiding behind them.

They also have a very bad habit of pulling the feed hose from the RODI out of the collection can. I have several times gone into the water room to find a puddle on the carpet instead of a filled container.

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My knuckleheads have no interest in the tanks or fish at all. They DO have an interest in what is behind closed doors. They constantly pull open the doors on the stand to see what I am hiding behind them.

They also have a very bad habit of pulling the feed hose from the RODI out of the collection can. I have several times gone into the water room to find a puddle on the carpet instead of a filled container.
All you people with cat problems...I feel so frustrated that nobody is listening to my advice on this thread!

dmh41532

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cat used to pester all of my fish, he succeeded in eating about 15 serpae tetras from a freshwater tank…I suspected he was doing it but couldn’t catch the turd. One day, I caught him, on the light, with his paw in the tank. So I decided to get a puffer because I wanted something different, well, let’s just say…he went fishing one time with the puffer and only once. Now he won’t even look at the tanks. It didn’t bite the cat, but must have tried.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes… heavy duty lid they can’t lift, all cords that are exposed are zip tied to the back and the lights are hung sturdy and can support a swinging cat.

6CE4E684-D181-4C72-9893-C0BAF7681526.jpeg

OK - yeah ... Bengal flashbacks. This client had two of those - BIG ONES. The male just totally went for me. It chased me to the point that it climbed a ladder and then lunged for me. Bit me on the shoulder. I quite literally ran out of that house. It's sister bit my arm when I tried to pick up my belongings.
Same cat bit the plumber on the thigh when he was working under the sink on the ladies plumbing. The GC on the project fired the client for failing to provide a safe work environment. She kept saying that they were so nice to everyone, they just needed to get used to us. Uhmmmm.... NO.
Those teeth are like little needles ... sharp dang needles. He was not saying hello, let's be friends. I recently had a client with three Savannah cats. I'm not going to lie, that freaked me out. All I could picture was 3 of them and only one of me. They had a black lab ... I just stayed close to the dog hoping it would protect me.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK - yeah ... Bengal flashbacks. This client had two of those - BIG ONES. The male just totally went for me. It chased me to the point that it climbed a ladder and then lunged for me. Bit me on the shoulder. I quite literally ran out of that house. It's sister bit my arm when I tried to pick up my belongings.
Same cat bit the plumber on the thigh when he was working under the sink on the ladies plumbing. The GC on the project fired the client for failing to provide a safe work environment. She kept saying that they were so nice to everyone, they just needed to get used to us. Uhmmmm.... NO.
Those teeth are like little needles ... sharp dang needles. He was not saying hello, let's be friends. I recently had a client with three Savannah cats. I'm not going to lie, that freaked me out. All I could picture was 3 of them and only one of me. They had a black lab ... I just stayed close to the dog hoping it would protect me.

I find this to be very unusual behavior for a cat. I have had many over the years and never once had one bite anybody (except me while playing). My current pair of knuckles run and hide in the bedroom whenever anyone comes over. Eventually they will very cautiously come investigate the newcomer if they are here long enough.. They never exhibit any kind of aggressive behavior toward anyone though.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find this to be very unusual behavior for a cat. I have had many over the years and never once had one bite anybody (except me while playing). My current pair of knuckles run and hide in the bedroom whenever anyone comes over. Eventually they will very cautiously come investigate the newcomer if they are here long enough.. They never exhibit any kind of aggressive behavior toward anyone though.
The GC said the same thing. He had a cat and told the woman that we would keep working if she agreed to put them in a secure room while tradespeople were working. She lived under the delusion that we were all crazy and her cats were angels. I cannot say why her cats were the devils spawn but they were.
Ever since, I'm admittingly jumpy around cats. I acknowledge that this in turn makes the cats nervous around me. I've had a few swipes from under furniture over the years, which I can write off as playing (maybe) but those crazy Bengels did me in. Team Dog ... all the way.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a test. One of these cats will bite the crap out of anyone but it's owner. Can you tell which one?
2021052706460866--2412644950305951243-IMG_3637_HEIC-S.jpg
2020111409565571-2870335218638376532-IMG_4931-S.jpg
2020111409583501--7580198546854293711-IMG_1952-S.jpg

IMG_1308-S.jpg

Louie, Olive, Kit and Mocha

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol wow! I am not sure that is normal. Maybe they were bored and poorly socialized? Poorly bred? Idk!

I know my veterinarian told me I had the sweetest Bengals he ever met and they are usually difficult to handle but many cats can be buttheads at the vet.

They can be high energy and much like certain dog breeds or just certain dogs, need training and entertainment to burn it off so they don’t get destructive. My female is laid back and practically a lazy house cat but my boys run around like zoo animals.

I rent and my landlord and the plumber have never been bit or attacked. One hides, one could care less and rather sleep, and one likes to investigate and just watch what’s going on.

It is all fun and games here!

These two are a month apart in age so they think they are littermates.

9162F8B5-3E9B-47F3-8C51-68C226777F19.jpeg

C02A6F7A-A927-4C83-BF71-688E37779206.jpeg

Last edited:

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol wow! I am not sure that is normal. Maybe they were bored and poorly socialized? Poorly bred? Idk!

I know my veterinarian told me I had the sweetest Bengals he ever met and they are usually difficult to handle but many cats can be buttheads at the vet.

They can be high energy and much like certain dog breeds or just certain dogs, need training and entertainment to burn it off so they don’t get destructive. My female is laid back and practically a lazy house cat but my boys run around like zoo animals

It is all fun and games here!

These two are a month apart in age so they think they are littermates.

9162F8B5-3E9B-47F3-8C51-68C226777F19.jpeg

C02A6F7A-A927-4C83-BF71-688E37779206.jpeg

What a beautiful cat! My knuckles will play fetch also.. I love when they intercept the toss midair. Its amazing how fast and agile they are.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a test. One of these cats will bite the crap out of anyone but it's owner. Can you tell which one?
2021052706460866--2412644950305951243-IMG_3637_HEIC-S.jpg
2020111409565571-2870335218638376532-IMG_4931-S.jpg
2020111409583501--7580198546854293711-IMG_1952-S.jpg

IMG_1308-S.jpg

Louie, Olive, Kit and Mocha

I'll play .... I vote Kit. That cat already looks terrified. Honorable mention to Olive.... It's always the one that LOOKS innocent that draws first blood.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll play .... I vote Kit. That cat already looks terrified. Honorable mention to Olive.... It's always the one that LOOKS innocent that draws first blood.

Well Kit does not normally look like that.

It is Olive that no one can touch but Jeanna. It is actually a problem for us because when Jeanna isnt here she acts like a feral cat. She is getting better though. I am working on it. She touched me on her own the first time yesterday.

WE HAVE A WINNER. ALL BETS ARE CLOSED.
IMG_1897-XL.jpg

Back