"Aggressive" fish for a nano reef

  • Thread starter Thread starter OrcaReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

OrcaReef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2025
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
Location
Washington DC
What state or country do you live in
Washington, D.C.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two clowns, a royal gramma, and a fire fish in my 26 gallon mixed reef nano. They've been in the tank together for about 4 months and my firefish was getting outcompeted for food despite regular spot feeding. The female clown is now bullying the firefish to its death and I'm planning on removing/rehoming it. Any ideas on a replacement fish that I can add that will be able to put up with my aggressive female clown?
 
How is the rockwork? Firefish would normally hide in tight caves where clowns normally wouldn't follow. Depending what your rockwork is like, maybe adding more rocks would help the situation.
 
Yellow Tail Damsel, but depending on the female clown you might have to rethink the tank size.
 
How is the rockwork? Firefish would normally hide in tight caves where clowns normally wouldn't follow. Depending what your rockwork is like, maybe adding more rocks would help the situation.
How is the rockwork? Firefish would normally hide in tight caves where clowns normally wouldn't follow. Depending what your rockwork is like, maybe adding more rocks would help the situation.
I could prob add some more caves, but in the hours since my original post, the fish died and has been totally consumed by my clean-up crew. RIP
 
So sorry about your loss
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new