aggressive lagoon

jason.kennedy.98478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so as i finish up my 120 (1200% tank upgrade in member tanks forum) i am beginning to do research into my my next tank which is going to be a saltwater lagoon/pond int the 750 to 1000 gallon range with a male and female Epaulette Shark, Captive-Bred, ORA in the tank along with larger tangs and crosshatch triggers i could never keep in my 120 but still want.

does any one know of any good resources for the care of sharks in the home aquarium or care to share their experiences.

thanks

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a very active forum, but the folks that are there know their subject.

http://www.sharkraycentral.com/

The Epaulette isn't a bad choice, for a new shark keeper. Tank size appears sufficient for an Epaulette. Tank mates... well, you might want to do some research on that one.

OP
OP
jason.kennedy.98478

jason.kennedy.98478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a very active forum, but the folks that are there know their subject.

http://www.sharkraycentral.com/

The Epaulette isn't a bad choice, for a new shark keeper. Tank size appears sufficient for an Epaulette. Tank mates... well, you might want to do some research on that one.

Some good info but you went kidding about not very active, some of the top threads haven't been posted in for 6 years or so

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some good info but you went kidding about not very active, some of the top threads haven't been posted in for 6 years or so
Yeah, I know... but. If you post a question, you will typically get a response. At least I did, a year or so back, when I was researching a shark system build (which is on indefinite hold at this point). The few people there are quite knowledgeable, many of them have successfully kept or even bred sharks for many years.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no personal experience, but since sharks and medications dont really go well together.

Would avoid any fish that are known nippers like triggers or angles.

alprazo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could likely answer your questions if you post them. I also posted a shark primer on another similar forum site. google "shark primer alprazo"

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back