aggressive Lemon peel

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried putting a coral beauty in my tank with a lemonpeel. Didn't go well. Lucky I managed to catch the CB and isolate it.
On the weekend I managed to catch the LP and sumped it and let the CB go into the tank. Zero aggression from any fish towards it or from it. A very placid fish.
Question is how long can I leave the LP sumped and will it learn it's now place or am I better off rehoming the LP. It is a stunning fish.
Or should I rehome the CB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I tried putting a coral beauty in my tank with a lemonpeel. Didn't go well. Lucky I managed to catch the CB and isolate it.
On the weekend I managed to catch the LP and sumped it and let the CB go into the tank. Zero aggression from any fish towards it or from it. A very placid fish.
Question is how long can I leave the LP sumped and will it learn it's now place or am I better off rehoming the LP. It is a stunning fish.
I was going to sat sump it opposed to acclimation box. You should safely be able to keep in sump an easy 10-14 days

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Then try reintroduce?
It's eating and lots of algae in refugium
Win - win with algae reduction. Yes, try re-introduction thereafter and if the behavior resumes, you have a decision to make

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO, you’ll want to redo the rock scape - this fish will recognise its territory (which the CB will likely have claimed). Then once the rocks have been rescaped, reintroduce the angel into the tank and that will cause both angels to have no territory to defend and so, aggression will lower.

Largeangels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you re-introduce then do it with an acclimation box for a few days and be ready to pull the LP. IME they are one of the more aggressive dwarf angels.

OP
OP
PeterEde

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO, you’ll want to redo the rock scape - this fish will recognise its territory (which the CB will likely have claimed). Then once the rocks have been rescaped, reintroduce the angel into the tank and that will cause both angels to have no territory to defend and so, aggression will lower.
Good idea. Easy to move a few pieces about

Minifoot77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a yellow eye kole you could add for your lemon peel... im headed home to see if he murdered my raccoon butterfly

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back