Agressive behavior ocellaris

  • Thread starter Thread starter Steph1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Steph1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2020
Messages
449
Reaction score
569
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. I have 2 ocellaris in a holding tank
Friends at first (both adolecents one bigger that the other) however the larger on has become increasingly aggressive to the smaller fish Chasing bumping but no damage yet th the smaller one
this behaviour becomes worse when feeding so I assume (please correct me if I am wrong) Somtimes the smaller fish kind of nides in the suface in the corner kind of hiding. I am about to move the fish into another perminent tank.

Question: Should I take one of the fish into the shop where I bought it and trade it in for another one...........if so which one? OR or any other ideas?

Thank you
 
How significant is the size difference? They'll keep fighting until it is established that one is dominant and will switch to female so the greater the size difference the quicker that'll occur
 
Thanks Dcal
One is about 1 1/4 inch other is about 7/8 of an inch
Think is when I first introduced the smaller one they were best mates for the first 2 days hanging out together. Could it be food? I am stingy and behaviour is worse when feeding
 
I don't want to speculate and end up giving false information so Ill defer to other people that will probably be responding in the next couple hours as most in US are asleep right now lol
 
hi sounds like normal behavior,would try in 16,watch for fin grabbing and lip locking,if that occurs remove larger to acclimation box or go for larger 1 3/4" -2" female :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new