Agrresive Fish Tank Stocking/Compatible Fish

Lil Puff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at stocking my tank I currently have a Lunare Wrasse/Moon Wrasse and a Long Spine Puffer.
I am looking at getting a snowflake eel, clown trigger, and a miniatus grouper to go with the wrasse and puffer.

Are these fish able to be housed together or are there any recommended fish to go with my puffer and wrasse?

Arlen nemeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at stocking my tank I currently have a Lunare Wrasse/Moon Wrasse and a Long Spine Puffer.
I am looking at getting a snowflake eel, clown trigger, and a miniatus grouper to go with the wrasse and puffer.

Are these fish able to be housed together or are there any recommended fish to go with my puffer and wrasse?
I think the grouper should be fine ,but snowflake eel I'm not sure on. How big is the lunar wrasse?

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The eel needs good hiding places and a full belly at all times. Otherwise, anything that it can grab hold of is on the menu. Over time, the eel will develop a pattern of mouthing all food before biting into it. I've seen my snowflake grasp many a fish, over and over, but never chomp down. It makes them a bit skittish about real food.
However, competition for food will quickly trigger a struggle, especially with the puffer. Eels and puffers need a hedge fence separating their yards.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank, in the right size tank all of those fish will be fine together. A bare minimum of 180g, technically a clown trigger may eventually need a larger tank, mostly due to aggression. You could look at some tangs and angels also,

OP
OP
Lil Puff

Lil Puff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, thanks for letting me know that could have ended badly. Will the other fish be okay to live with each other?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either way the puffer will need at least a 180g tank, and the wrasse still a 6 ft tank. So if you are keeping them in a smaller tank it will not work in time. Again in the proper size tank the fish you mentioned will work.

Back