AI Axis 90

Garry125

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. So I set up my new tank yesterday pump was a royal pain to pair to ap. It shut off once and turned back on I thought maybe firmware update. Today it did it 4 times when I was home. I reset it and it did it again. It's randomly doing it. So I decided to put my old jebao back in as I don't trust Axis 90 the controller is very warm to touch also. It turned off each time for 30 seconds if that and turns right back on. Not even in the tank 24 hrs. Anyone have issues with one?

RickvDam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. So I set up my new tank yesterday pump was a royal pain to pair to ap. It shut off once and turned back on I thought maybe firmware update. Today it did it 4 times when I was home. I reset it and it did it again. It's randomly doing it. So I decided to put my old jebao back in as I don't trust Axis 90 the controller is very warm to touch also. It turned off each time for 30 seconds if that and turns right back on. Not even in the tank 24 hrs. Anyone have issues with one?
Same here with the 20. Almost every AI Axis pump has this issue so far...

knockout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it me or is this the same pump without the bells and whistles

1710995038964.png

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it me or is this the same pump without the bells and whistles

1710995038964.png
that's kind of mostly how pumps work. A Chinese Manufacturer makes something, another bigger company thinks it looks cool, white labels it, creates their own controller, and starts selling it.

Same thing happened with Gyre's except that it was a relatively decent Chinese brand (Maxspect) that came up with them, and everyone else (Red Sea, AI, IceCap, etc.) white labeled them (Except for Jebao and other Chinese manufacturers, they just straight up stole them).

Tunze and Sicce are inhouse, I'm not sure about Reef Octo, Abyzz is probably inhouse... But for a lot of the people breaking into the pump market, it's White Labels of other Chinese stuff.

OP
OP
G

Garry125

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here with the 20. Almost every AI Axis pump has this issue so far...
Sorry for late response. They sent me one like two weeks ago. Just got around to put it in and guess what 40 minutes later the darn thing shuts off and right back up. Advoid these I'm going to demand my money back from them. This is insane my cheap jebao pump is a champ.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 105 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.6%
Back