Ai Blade Grow - 12 inch for Evo 13.5

logo8

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up the Ai Blade for my evo 13.5g.

Any recommendations on settings and intensity? Currently using the mobius app Lps/soft at 20%

Coalminer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got done using my club's par meter (Apogee MQ-510) on my AI Blade Grow 39" on a Waterbox 50.3. At about the middle of my tank, approximately 8 inches deep, I am getting 300-320 par. That is with the light mounted on the elevated brackets from AI that sit about 3-4 inches up off of the water. I think it would be little bit higher if it was sitting flush on the tank. This is also all 3 channels at 100%. Hope this helps.

las

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got done using my club's par meter (Apogee MQ-510) on my AI Blade Grow 39" on a Waterbox 50.3. At about the middle of my tank, approximately 8 inches deep, I am getting 300-320 par. That is with the light mounted on the elevated brackets from AI that sit about 3-4 inches up off of the water. I think it would be little bit higher if it was sitting flush on the tank. This is also all 3 channels at 100%. Hope this helps.
With how many AI blade? Just one?

Coalminer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With how many AI blade? Just one?
Yes, just one.

I was surprised with the results. It’s a 39” bar on a 35” tank, so very full coverage.

IMG_6302.jpeg

Kiwi reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at getting these lights currently for a new build.

Do you rate the blue color the lights give off? do you get any shimmer?

Coalminer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at getting these lights currently for a new build.

Do you rate the blue color the lights give off? do you get any shimmer?
Someone else might be able to help you, but I’m not qualified enough to really say. The only other lights I’ve had are cheap Current USA ones, and these are better, but I can’t really compare to other high end lights.

I personally don’t care for a lot of blue, so I run then at 100% all channels. If you were running just blue, the par numbers I posted above would be a lot lower.

The one thing I would warn you about is that some of the blades have a more pronounced blue tint on one end. Mine was replaced under warranty. AI charged $1.00 to send me a new light, and then return the defective one, postage paid. I would have preferred it work right out of the box, but overall good customer service on them.

MrNice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone else might be able to help you, but I’m not qualified enough to really say. The only other lights I’ve had are cheap Current USA ones, and these are better, but I can’t really compare to other high end lights.

I personally don’t care for a lot of blue, so I run then at 100% all channels. If you were running just blue, the par numbers I posted above would be a lot lower.

The one thing I would warn you about is that some of the blades have a more pronounced blue tint on one end. Mine was replaced under warranty. AI charged $1.00 to send me a new light, and then return the defective one, postage paid. I would have preferred it work right out of the box, but overall good customer service on them.
Your replaced unit was fine? I have heard people getting 3 models and them all being the same. I have just bought a blade and the Pronounced blue on 1 side is awful.

Coalminer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MrNice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

madmike183

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up the Ai Blade for my evo 13.5g.

Any recommendations on settings and intensity? Currently using the mobius app Lps/soft at 20%
I know this an old thread but do you have any photos?

Are you still using it and do you like it?

Stock hood or no hood?

OP
OP
logo8

logo8

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this an old thread but do you have any photos?

Are you still using it and do you like it?

Stock hood or no hood?
I do have some videos on my TikTok.

So far I really like it! I just recently got the risers for the Ai Blade and removed the stock lid that came with the Evo. It does fit the stock lid like a glove. I just removed it for a cleaner look. It’s a great light for the price.

madmike183

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have some videos on my TikTok.

So far I really like it! I just recently got the risers for the Ai Blade and removed the stock lid that came with the Evo. It does fit the stock lid like a glove. I just removed it for a cleaner look. It’s a great light for the price.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 46 29.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 27.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 34.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.1%

Back