Ai blade grow advice

clownfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

1st time posting so please be gentle with me. I used to keep marine about 10 years ago. Ive been offered the red sea max 250 very very cheap, however the lights in the hood doesn't work so I'm looking at gutting the hood and using Ai blade grows inside.

But my 1st question is how warm does the blade get? Would i need ventilation? (I know tanks has fans not sure if they work)

2nd question is would the blade be strong enough to reach the bottom on the tank? (22")

Thank you in advance

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

1st time posting so please be gentle with me. I used to keep marine about 10 years ago. Ive been offered the red sea max 250 very very cheap, however the lights in the hood doesn't work so I'm looking at gutting the hood and using Ai blade grows inside.

But my 1st question is how warm does the blade get? Would i need ventilation? (I know tanks has fans not sure if they work)

2nd question is would the blade be strong enough to reach the bottom on the tank? (22")

Thank you in advance
Welcome to R2R- lovely to see another reefer from Scotland! :)

Would you have the Blade placed inside a canopy or covered in any way? Can't remember if the Red Sea Max canopy is open in the top. Anyhow- if you are you should still be fine. I have 2 x Blade Refugium running at 85% each and they stay fairly cool in my sump.

As for the reaching the bottom; another reefer (or a PAR meter!) would have to assist you with this one (i reckon you should be just fine; you're not exactly gonna grow SPS down the bottom are you?)

Where about are you based? :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

clownfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello thanks for your reply

Its fully covered canopy. I have seen people have removed the lid altogether but id prefer to keep the lid for condensation issues.

I'm based north of Aberdeen. What about you?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello thanks for your reply

Its fully covered canopy. I have seen people have removed the lid altogether but id prefer to keep the lid for condensation issues.

I'm based north of Aberdeen. What about you?
I'm in Glasgow. If you're ever about, I'm always happy having another reefer in for coffee and a chat! :)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 78 76.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back