AI Blade universal mounting

legacy2mj

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2014
Messages
406
Reaction score
135
Location
Lone Tree, Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m liking the functionality of adding 2 blades as fill lights to the ends of my tank to blanket towards the middle, I have 2 AP9x lights above currently and spacing above is already tough, so I’m trying to avoid it. I came across this picture which sparked the interest in the blades being they have the M8 threading.
Is there a good go to spot to seek out various types of universal mounting fixtures? Having the ability to really be creative is nice, but also poses a weird challenge. So that’s why I’d like to see all the possible options and start narrowing down a search from there.

IMG_2859.png
 
Many custom mounting options for the blades (and other lights!) are being made by creative individuals with 3D printers! :-) Do you have access to a 3D printer? If so, places like Thangs and Thingiverse are good places to start.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new