AI Hydra 26 HD or Kessil A360?

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had an A160 but the A80 will only produce about 105 PAR just below the water surface at max intensity.

OP
OP
FTLTim954

FTLTim954

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I am going to try 2 160's and find a way to add T5s. I like the idea of a single 360 but I also agree it may cause shadowing.

<*]]]<

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take this opinion with a grain of salt since i am new to reef tanks, but the kessils i saw at a lfs in orlando were unimpressive. The light power and color were fine, but the shimmer was borderline seizure inducing. The blinking light effect is too much in my opinion.

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take this opinion with a grain of salt since i am new to reef tanks, but the kessils i saw at a lfs in orlando were unimpressive. The light power and color were fine, but the shimmer was borderline seizure inducing. The blinking light effect is too much in my opinion.

That shimmer is only going to turn into a disco ball with multi colors with lights with wider led patterns, with that much surface agitation most LED's are going to be pretty rough. If you look at BRS' videos on the Kessils and other lights they test the ability of the Kessils to mix the spectrum with agitation and, in my opinion, the second to none color mixing is one of the primary reasons I went with the lights. But it all comes down to personal preference and what you are looking for in terms of shimmer or color blending. :)

OP
OP
FTLTim954

FTLTim954

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update my girlfriend said she'd split the price of an AP700 with me so that's what I am going to get. Just out of curiosity is it going to be overkill or will it be a good idea?

Cuong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing is considered overkill in this hobby.... Should be better than great. Besides, I'd rather run stronger lights at 30% than weaker lights at 100% long term. Expect to run ur intensity pretty low.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back