AI Hydra 26 HD spectrum setting

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I based my settings off of the BRS investigates video for the Prime HD, modified slightly for my inhabitants and preference but not too far off.

I do have a slight increase in the middle of the day from 12% on the white channel to 18%, no reason other than I think it can help slightly imitate the sun coming over.
Hydra Max Setting.PNG
Hydra Schedule.PNG

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I based my settings off of the BRS investigates video for the Prime HD, modified slightly for my inhabitants and preference but not too far off.
Hydra Max Setting.PNG
Hydra Schedule.PNG

I haven't seen their video. One thing stands out to me though - The UV and Violet channels are much higher than I run. Is there any concern that the high UV might injure corals? Is the violet supposed to simulate the actinic spectrum? There is only one of each of these LEDs in each cluster; does that relate to why they're turned up?

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen their video. One thing stands out to me though - The UV and Violet channels are much higher than I run. Is there any concern that the high UV might injure corals? Is the violet supposed to simulate the actinic spectrum? There is only one of each of these LEDs in each cluster; does that relate to why they're turned up?

The BRS video refers back to a study that EcoTech did in partnership with Reef Wholesale as part of their CoralLabs program. @Orm Embar actually provided a link earlier to the same document I read about the settings after seeing the BRS Investigates video.

From the video/article:

AB+ Setting.PNG

The UV is as you said earlier, used to help the corals become more fluorescent in our aquariums.

From my observations in my tank (a standard 125g - 72" x 18" x 22"), I have not noticed any negative signs in the corals that were already in the tank before I installed the hydras, or in corals that I added afterwards and light acclimated.

rishma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the BRS video spectrum with white, red, green turned up to my taste because I don’t like a blue tank.

DrBoxedWine

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these are the settings I currently run. using the same as my LFS who has 26HDs over several tanks.
both my tank the the LFS's are 20" deep, I dont think theres an issue with the violet, but watch the UV for sure.

IMG_2247.PNG

my tank:
IMG_2404.JPG

one of my LFS tanks (same settings)
IMG_2294.JPG
Can I ask how these settings are working for you?

TrickyTangTrainer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the BRS video spectrum with white, red, green turned up to my taste because I don’t like a blue tank.

I'm not a fan of them being so blue either, can you share your W/R/G percentages? Also, does that create an algae bloom or algae on the front glass?

Alexis Gonzalez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you send me the
7c1b7478a2c661c81ee78e95ddd40d41.png

4fa93f35bd5257c49c04873b646bdd41.png

40b0ece48f8a1837902cb41d5d3f7086.jpg

My tank is a IM Nuvo Fusion 24 and I run 2 AI primes. These settings seems to work for me. I've been told too much blue for long times can cause a lot of algae growth. I've had good coral growth with not too many algae blooms.
Could you send me the pdf file so I can copy it on my settings on my hydra 26 hd. My settings are creating green hair algae in my frag tank [email protected] thanks

3ED677F3-F91F-4961-83B3-155C654A960B.jpeg

tiggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here are some popular presets that you're able to import via the AI app (from your computer)..

David Saxby (probably the most widely used AI preset)..
https://www.theaquariumsolution.com/light-presets-hd-ai-led-aquarium-lighting

BRS mimic of the Coral AB+ spectrum (settings right at the 11 min mark)..
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/video/view/spotlight-on-the-ai-prime-hd-led-light-brstv/

AI's signature series presets from featured tanks..
http://www.aquaillumination.com/signature/

And here's my settings.. (although I have the older non-HD Prime, so one of the colors is different)..
https://imgur.com/a/5dCR7oW

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am using UV at its max over 114 and i have never lost any corals. i did lose a maxima clam under 2" but i doubt it was lights i have never been able to keep a clam alive more than 15 days anyways. i run a very clean ULNS.

Nhjmc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May i use the hydra 26 HD in nano fusion 20gl ? size 20L 14 W 14 H , i do not want the hydra with a single cluster
prob a tad overkill but pretty sure if set correctly I don't see why couldn't use it on a 20 gal. tank. I'm using it with great success on a 34 gal RSM 130D.

Back