Ai Hydra 26 not connecting using iPhone app and programmed settings are acting crazy.

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My two Hydra 26 lights are not functioning properly and my lights are properly showing in the app as "parent" and "child".

I had them programmed to ramp down and shut off at midnight and 2 days ago they suddenly shut off at 11:30 PM. Last night they shut off at 11 PM so at that point I tried to trouble shoot and couldn't connect to my Ai cloud account with the phone app. It is connecting to the local wifi network and still doesn't light up correctly. I had the same issue using both the app on my iPhone and on my iPad, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Lionsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem yesterday connecting to the icloud. I wanted to change my light settings but it would not connect. Perhaps it is a widespread problem with AI. I've seen on another local reef forum someone else couldn't log into icloud starting yesterday as well.

Havoks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried resetting fixtures to factory settings and setting them up again? Hold the button until led flashes red and release. Once they are up and going they should show in app and all you have to do is set the parent and child.

OP
OP
Westside Guy

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem yesterday connecting to the icloud. I wanted to change my light settings but it would not connect. Perhaps it is a widespread problem with AI. I've seen on another local reef forum someone else couldn't log into icloud starting yesterday as well.

I was able to login to my Ai account using Firefox on my computer but was not able to connect with any of my iOS devices using the app. I only control the lights through the app. Also I find it interesting that the app still controls my Nero 5 though it’s local connection.

OP
OP
Westside Guy

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried resetting fixtures to factory settings and setting them up again? Hold the button until led flashes red and release. Once they are up and going they should show in app and all you have to do is set the parent and child.

If there is a system wide issue I would rather not have to do this.

Havoks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can connect to my no problem, its easy to do the reset, your settings will all be there, the reset happens on the fixtures not on the app

OP
OP
Westside Guy

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I will try this shortly.
Any luck?

Thanks, I am logged in with both the iPhone and iPad but won’t know if there is any issues until later tonight. It is programmed to turn off at midnight and not prematurely as it has been happening the last 2 days. I will post an update later tonight.

OP
OP
Westside Guy

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I will try this shortly.

Thanks, I am logged in with both the iPhone and iPad but won’t know if there is any issues until later tonight. It is programmed to turn off at midnight and not prematurely as it has been happening the last 2 days. I will post an update later tonight.

So last night the lights were still shutting off at 11 PM instead of midnight so I think the best course of action is to setup a new preset in the app as the old one may have gotten corrupted somehow. :(

OP
OP
Westside Guy

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: I just contacted the Ai support desk and think I found the culprit. This is what they told me.
“The new moon was Saturday. If you have lunar enabled during your daylight period this will affect your schedule.”
I have the lunar setting enabled and will change the start time to after midnight and hopefully that will resolve the issue. I can also turn it completely off if necessary.

OP
OP
Westside Guy

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didnt think about that, havent run it in a while, with that on it does change when the lights go totally off. Glad it was something simple

I will know if it was the cause tonight. If they dim normally and shut down at midnight I am good to go. Otherwise I will contact Ai's support again in the morning. Based on what they told me it seems logical as they must have had others complain also about the same issue. ;)

Havoks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the schedule i run on my lights, mixed reef
Screenshot_20190506-181754_myAI.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 138 40.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 168 49.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 31 9.2%
Back