AI Hydra 32/64 Preset sharing

bryanfuel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AI website has some success stories with pictures of their tanks and the profiles available for download. I use Dmitri's profile with the overall intensity tuned down a bit.

Wralph2019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ask me in a few days. I am also running the redsea nopox with around 2ppm nitrates and .08 phosphates as I checked yesterday so I don’t get much growth as it is. Ongoing experiment with that!

Aswswild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well today I will get my light for my tank so I will put it on acclamation for a while

Aswswild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long did you guys run your acclamation for and what height did u start your lights out on a 27 in high tank

Aswswild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got my light an I did the Bluetooth thing to my phone but all I could do is do the ez set up. Do you have to have a account on ai. When u go on the app on the phone it says at the bottom login is that we’re you would find other light set ups u could down load. The little director book was not informative. But wow the light is killer I really upgraded from my old 8 yearCBB lol

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn’t find it out either so I emailed AI.

here is the response I got and it worked!

Hello,

Thank you for contacting AI! If you are on an iPhone, you will follow the steps below:

1. Go to https://www.aquaillumination.com/lightsciences/signature-series (Please make sure you are using Safari for your Web Browser)
2. Once you have found the schedule you would like to use, select the "Download Settings" under the graph and select Download
3. You will notice a blue circle with a downward arrow inside to indicate the schedule has downloaded. Select the file name of the downloaded schedule. You will notice the following screen with the code to the schedule. In the top right corner select the box with the up arrow in the top right corner.
4. You will need to open it with the myAI application. You may need to select the "More" option to redirect you to your app. list to open the file with the myAI application.
5. To implement your new schedule, go to the Control tab in the myAI app, and select the Star icon then "Select Preset"

https://www.aquaillumination.com/lightsciences/signature-series

If you have an Android, you can follow the steps below:

To download a schedule on your phone, first please visit http://www.aquaillumination.com/signature/from that phone. Once you find the schedule you would like to try, please complete the following steps:

-Press and hold on the schedule, an option will come up that allows you to download.

-Choose Open on the popup window once it confirms it has downloaded. If prompted which app to open with select MyAI.

-Open the MyAI app, and select the controls page.

-Select the star icon, and choose Select Preset

Here will be a listing of all the saved schedules, including your recently downloaded schedule. They will be listed with a name and download date to help keep them organized if you have multiple schedules saved. Please let me know if there is anything additional I could assist you with,

Have a great day,

Wralph2019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long did you guys run your acclamation for and what height did u start your lights out on a 27 in high tank
I think this depends on what you were running before. I have a 24 inch deep and I just went right in with the schedule and I have the lights 12-13 off the water.

Aswswild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this depends on what you were running before. I have a 24 inch deep and I just went right in with the schedule and I have the lights 12-13 off the water.
Well I have a 28 gal jbl with 18 in to bottom an I keep my CBB like 5 in from the water surface I put a pic of the one I took off

image.jpg

Aswswild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nick you are the man thanks I downloaded 4 of the ones they showed I will mess with it in the AM thanks

Aswswild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying a few of the ones I down loaded from
The web page nick suggested I download 4 of them I’m trying the Saxby today but I also put it on 15 days acclamation what ever that does

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acclimation mode from what I understand starts at lower intensity and sow increases it over a time frame. I plan to use it for my first group of corals but after that I’ll just use the edge of the tank and slowly move them towards light

DEWreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright picked up my lights from the wholesaler today. Kind of upsetting they no longer factory seal the lights now. Only 2 blacks were left so I will have to pick up the other 2 next week.

Aswswild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acclimation mode from what I understand starts at lower intensity and sow increases it over a time frame. I plan to use it for my first group of corals but after that I’ll just use the edge of the tank and slowly move them towards light
Oh good I have it at 45 for 15 days

Wralph2019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hows your algae growth in your opinion? I have been told to turn down my UV to 10% because it will cause you a bit more clean up on the glass.
I have been noticing a bit more on the glass so I turned it down to 100%. Let’s see if that affects it over the next few days.

Nicko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been noticing a bit more on the glass so I turned it down to 100%. Let’s see if that affects it over the next few days.
I’ve noticed a bit more on the glass too. I’ll try 100%UV too. I didn’t think UV would have much of an impact?

Wralph2019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve noticed a bit more on the glass too. I’ll try 100%UV too. I didn’t think UV would have much of an impact?
What do you have the rest of the wavelengths set to? Was looking at the AI website under how they measured the par output per wavelength and it shows they achieved it by having all dials set to 100%...

Aswswild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still messing with set up I hope my lfs has par meter I can borrow that would be so great

Nicko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you have the rest of the wavelengths set to? Was looking at the AI website under how they measured the par output per wavelength and it shows they achieved it by having all dials set to 100%...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back