AI Hydra 52 (non HD) Firmware Update Issues

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last person I sent 2.20 to it worked for him but the screen on the bottom was scrambled.
Please post back your experience.
For what its worth hes the only one with issue on the 2.20 version rest everyone had 100% success.

Cody Bramwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know where i can get a controller at? I’ve found my hydra in a box in my shed and have no idea what happened with the controller from what i see they’re discontinued

GTM42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last person I sent 2.20 to it worked for him but the screen on the bottom was scrambled.
Please post back your experience.
For what its worth hes the only one with issue on the 2.20 version rest everyone had 100% success.
hey DR.Reef, could you send me the file at [email protected]

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good deal. Only 2 people.have reported failure most everyone else had success.
I am glad it worked for you.
Safe reefing

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some folks have reported those issues and last guy did the upgrade to the latest firmware and it all started working fine for him. Can you try that?

Dbasileccim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some folks have reported those issues and last guy did the upgrade to the latest firmware and it all started working fine for him. Can you try that?
i have the same problem with stuck firmware update on my controller. i have the one with the black round button. i tried to upgrade to newest firmware and now it is stuck. if you could share the 2.2 file i would really appreciate it. [email protected] thanks!

Dbasileccim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the same problem with stuck firmware update on my controller. i have the one with the black round button. i tried to upgrade to newest firmware and now it is stuck. if you could share the 2.2 file i would really appreciate it. [email protected] thanks!
Dr Reef, never mind on the 2.2 software. i kept looking through the ai site and found this link

https://support.aquaillumination.com/hc/en-us/articles/223615227-New-Controller-Firmware-v2-68

this file name is different is different then every other time i found the "update" file. i downloaded this file (new-controller_2.68.0.bin ) , uploaded to controller and everything worked.

Jonaschamp1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr. Reef, can you email me the same file? I'm having an issue where I downloaded the new firmware and now my screen on my controller stays stuck on Firmware Update.
Email is [email protected].

Hi Guys,
I’m new to the forum and found this thread by googling my issue with AI original controller. I tried to update the firmware through the AI site
I deleted current then added the update and its stuck on the firmware update screen.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Mine is the touch only no knob on the controller. If you don’t mind sending me the file I’ll download and try it too.

[email protected]

Thanks in advance!!

Jonas

4E4DB9E0-4E34-4C23-8974-D8648EA73EA4.png

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just sent you email with version 2.20
Most people had success with it some said it scrambled the bottom of screen but after this firmware goto newest and things seem to work fine for them.
Let me know

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back